Wednesday, August 08, 2007

one more time without emotion

I got a day off from work today because of flooding and tornadoes. In NYC. Yeah. Totally normal. I have nothing to do. Nothing at all. Sitting waiting for webmail.

So I get to sit in my hot ass apartment all day and do basically nothing because it is too hot to do anything at all. At work the AC is excellent. At work the AC is free!

The Brita water pitcher is frozen solid. I have to drink tap water. Non filtered Tap water.

Everyone who is at work wishes they didn't go in. It's quiet because no one is in the city because no one could really get there except for the few "lucky" bastards at my office.

This weeks heat has made everyone sick too. Everyone is getting a cold. It's like the consumption. I feel like I am living in the 20's.

Last night I went to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and it kicked total ass. The two opening bands were a sight for sore eyes too. The 1st act was called "Girls Girls Girls". When they came out on stage I realized they were an all-female Motley Crue cover act. This would only happen to me. No one could make this shit up if they
tried.

The second band is called "The Tiny Masters" - it is a 10 year old girl and her 12 year old brother. They are from Brooklyn. They were entertaining, but I thought I was watching two female primordial dwarfs for about 10 minutes. Again, I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

The YYY's are notoriously awesome and a NY band(imho). There are so many haters who rip on the Strokes and the YYY's as hipster bullshit. The fact is that both of these bands are so raw and passionate they make me feel good about NYC and music. The way these bands play and issue music is very old-school and they aren't the image machine that most bands are. That image stuff bores me to tears.

For example, Justin Timberlake doesn't look like he is having fun when he performs. He doesn't look happy ever. Yeah, he is raking in the money and I am sure he loves music but at such a cost. I can't concentrate on what he is doing because I cant see past how full of himself he is. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a nasty coke habit.

I am listening to the new Flight of the Conchords CD, The Distant Future, over and over today because I am bored to tears. It's pretty hilarious. And the stream is free thanks to spinner.com.

It is either that or make a booty call. I am that bored.

No comments: