Wednesday, August 01, 2007

It's the 1st time.

Welcome August.

gag. Summer is almost over. Doesn't have that same zing that it did when I was young. I feel no pressure. I don't feel like the summer will ever end now since it's 100 degrees here in my apartment. I know it will. I know I will soon be saying that the winter feels like it will never end.

All in all the summer hasn't been too bad. It started off somewhat cruel(potentially) and now it is what it is. So far this summer I haven't vacationed and I don't have any desire to do so. I went to NJ for almost a week and it cured what was ailing me and I would be happy just going back to my cousins, reading my book in her yard and playing with her son. I don't feel fantastic or anything. But I am looking forward to the rest of it; yet I do not yet know why.

What have I been doing this summer:
1. Reading a lot. I went into this yesterday so I wont be redundant.

2. Buying new music after years of just bumming music. Itunes price is right. A cd is about worth 10 bucks - I don't care who it is. Here is who it is:
a. regina spektor - begin to hope and soviet Kitsch
b. marilyn manson - eat me, drink me
c. the academy is - santi
d. fergie- the dutchess
e. yeah yeah yeahs- it is
f. bjork - volta
g. tori amos - american doll possee
h. damone- out here all night

3. Watchin TV. Yes! ME! Watching the tube like its 1939.
a. rock of love. Oh god, I know! But there is a long history between myself and Bret Michaels . Every man I have ever loved has now been on relaity televion. Well, every man who is a B Lister now. Wait. Is Tommy Lee A or B list?
b. flight of the conchords. Brilliant. Makes me laugh like a 2nd grader. If I do not laugh the 1st time I watch an episode, I will when I watch it again, and I always do watch it again. It actually propelled me into buying HBO on demand. and I do not part with $5.95 a month easily.
c. big love. I watch it sometimes. I like the show. It is getting better and the plot is getting much more interesting. I think I will demand an episode later.
d. Adult Swim. I need new Aqua Team episodes like Britney needs new hair extensions.
e. NY1. This is perhaps the greatest news station ever. If you don't live in NY you suck. And I am sorry, but Pat Kiernan is the greatest new anchor ever. He so gets it. He reports the news with sarcasm. It's about time someone did this.

4. Going to concerts. Ugh. I only saw Bjork so far. It was amazing and I do not regret it one bit. I am seeing the Yeah Yeah Yeah's on the 8th I think and that should be hot. No one goes to shows anymore. I have to go it alone. Thus the decline in concert going. They are also too fucking expensive. Too fucking expensive. I wish Itunes would start selling shows for the price they are worth, too.

5. Drinking. I call it "Summer of Sam (Adams)". It's just what I am doin now. I like Summer Ale. And when it goes into hibernation, I too will stop drinking beer. I will not stop drinking white wine or vodka.

6. Blogging. Being witty. Trying to find myself because I really lost myself in 2007. I feel good about this. My hair is dyed again. I am living my life the way I want to - although I work too much. I think I should aim lower in terms of work, because I am no where near rich yet, and basically a thousandaire and others I know have far exceeded me doing much less.

7. Trolling celebrity websites. This is mindless. I also though, as a balance, am really doing well in my NYC research and news intake.

8. Not getting a tan. Not reading Harry Potter books. Not obsessing. Not dating as much as I would like to (ugh. maybe tomorrow I will blog about that). Not seeing my friends as much as I would love to. Not meeting new people (I have extended myself. I did "meet" some new people at parties and film premiers and I didn't do this for ages so there is hope). I point all these things out, less the Potter books, because I aim to do it more. See more movies and art too. Seriously.

9. Doing things myself. Shopping. Food and otherwise. Seeing some art shows. Going to the Coney Island Mermaid Parade. Things I used to threaten to do; I do them now. I see concerts alone. I still cannot eat in public alone, and I will not see a movie alone. I just won't.

10. Driving. I drive more now then I was before the summer but I don't really have anyplace to drive. I cannot drive too far because I have a very old car and I fear it breaking down in the middle of my journey in the summer heat. I have a triple A card, and it works. Still, I am not interested in this bleak fanatsy coming true. I am probably going to have to risk it on the 18th, because I want to see my family. They can come get me if my car break down and that is what it is.

I am tired now. Ok, off I go.

No comments: