Monday, March 31, 2008

7 am is the new 8 am

This morning something strange happened on the television.... Rainy days and Mondays....I tell ya....

I overheard the newscaster say that the MTA stated they would be unable to comply with the previously issued improvements they said they would make if they increased the fares. And they did raise the fares. I may have been dreaming. But it seems that is what they said, to which I reply, "Are you fucking kidding me?".

It is not as if I believed at any point that the MTA could really improve anything, I mean, there is only so much you can do for a system that satisfies 7 million customers daily. At this point the only way to help is to have one constant platform moving and people just jump onto it. I also really want to know precisely how the congestion pricing is going to affect the trains. If the thousands of people who drive in every morning want to get on the train now, I do not know where we are going to put them. I have been tempted to just roll myself under the seats and travel in that way because there is no room. No room at all. Even leaving hours earlier is no longer helping. Apparently everyone goes to work at 7 am. I guess 7 am is the new 8 am.

My only two complaints about the system are that there is not enough service for people, and there just can't really be. And that there is not really a good level of coordination at all. Alas, they never promised me a rose garden. I never cared how dirty the trains were, how much crime was on the subway etc. I just wanted to get to work in under an hour. Infuckingpossible.

But for now that is all someone else's problem. Hoorah!

My employment dilemma carries on and between me and everyone reading this, I have no desire to work, to look for work, to commit to a job, to feign enthusiasm, to attempt to wear a skirt, to smile and say I really am a team player but I work well independently too. None. And I really won't. I bet there are nice people out there I have just been dealing with the same people for so long I am sheltered and I am in all likelihood a little insane. I fear I have Stockholm syndrome and I sympathize with morons.

Today I worked out to the new Counting Crows album. I am pretty sure that is a clear sign of mental illness.

No comments: